Metabolic Syndrome Course
Roberta Anding, MS, RD
Metabolic syndrome affects approximately 50 million Americans, and as such, fitness professionals encounter these types of clients every day. The cornerstone of management includes diet and exercise. This course will highlight the diagnostic criteria, pathophysiology, fuel utilization and the independent effects of nutrition and exercise. Fitness professionals must be aware of screening strategies for metabolic syndrome as well as the common medications used to treat this disorder. Scope of practice and referral options will be reviewed.
By Roberta Anding, MS, RD
- Review the diagnostic criteria and prevalence of metabolic syndrome.
- Outline the assessment required for the diagnosis and management of metabolic syndrome.
- Describe the role of insulin in the development of metabolic syndrome.
- Review the principles of nutrition for metabolic syndrome.
- Explain the unique and synergistic roles of diet and exercise for metabolic syndrome.
- Describe the consequences associated with metabolic syndrome.
|Metabolic Syndrome: What You Need to Know! ||Video|
| Metabolic Syndrome ||Test|