This course has been discontinued. Here’s a similar course you might like, http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-products/eat-to-win-enhance-performance-course.
Understand the current research on protein metabolism, synthesis, absorption and digestibility. This course discusses the quality of protein, the difference between whey and casein protein, the safety and effectiveness of high-protein diets, the role of protein in weight loss, and protein-intake timing for muscle recovery and growth.
CE course from IDEA Health & Fitness Association and DSWFitness
By Tavis Piattoly, MS, RD, LD
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Outline current recommended protein intakes.
- Discuss protein metabolism in regards to protein needs versus optimal
intake and absorption and digestion rates.
- Explain the quality and biological value of protein.
- Identify the effects of protein on kidney function and bone loss.
- Discuss the role of protein in weight loss and cardiovascular risk factors.
- Differentiate between whey protein and casein protein and which type is
best for protein synthesis and muscle recovery.
- Outline practical recommendations for physically active clients and athletes.