Whether we sit, run, lift or throw, squatting becomes the foundation upon which many movements are built. However, each squat is different. Many of the rules we as fitness professionals have been exposed to are based on the sport of squatting, not the function of squatting. To understand this movement, you must understand the principles of function. Learn the principles of function to the assessment, rehabilitation and conditioning of the squat.
By Lenny Parracino
- Discuss the unifying principles that govern human squatting movement.
- Develop strategies to assess squat ability.
- Implement strategies to adjust for discomfort and enhance efficiency.
- Measure squat ability in all three dimensions with various “authentic drivers.”
- Organize simple to complex squatting movements for all client levels.
- Write a squat program that enhances client endurance and sustainability.